The basic rules of Surfing
The basic rules of surfing
In addition to knowledge of waves, material and the basic technique, there are also a number of unwritten rules. These are intended to make surfing safer and are actually always followed by every surfer.
- Never go surfing alone and always keep an eye on each other;
- The surfer closest to the breaking part of the wave always has right of way;
- Never try to get between a surfer and the breaking part of the wave;
- Avoid collisions by making timely adjustments;
- Make room for the surfer who has right of way by paddling away;
- Never let go of your board just like that!
- Never just go surfing without experience, always take lessons first.